Comfort Family Living Center Policy
Comfort Community Church
702 Smith Road
Download this Document:
Comfort Family Living Center Policy R5.pdf
I Corinthians 619,20
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
Purpose of the Comfort Family Living Center:
- The purpose of the Comfort Family Living Center of Comfort Community Church of Port Lavaca is to provide a means to reach people for Christ by giving the membership of our church the opportunity to establish relationships through recreation and fellowship.
- These relationships will help us reach un-churched and people who are inactive in our church.
- The Comfort Family Living Center will help to build a healthy church; physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
Goals of the Comfort Family Living Center:
- Providing ministries to draw the unsaved to hear the Gospel.
- Attract those not involved in a church into the fellowship of the church.
- Deepen relationships of church members through participation together.
- Strengthen the family by providing activities that will promote fellowship and togetherness.
- Help church members see their bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) by providing physical, emotional, social and spiritual activities, that will promote health and well being.
- Provide a Christian setting for meaningful leisure-time activities.
- Include spiritual motivations by leaders, instructors and coaches as part of recreational activities
- Teach participants new recreational skills and fellowship for increased enjoyment and health.
- The activities center is a part of the church and everyone using the recreational facilities should conduct himself/herself accordingly.
- The use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited at any time in or around Comfort Family Living Center.
- Pets are not allowed in the building at anytime. No one has the authority to approve pets in the building for any reason, with the exception of service animals.
- Unauthorized entrance into the building will result in the suspension of the right to use the building.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn. (See Dress and Behavior section)
- Any non-expendable athletic equipment which is damaged, lost or destroyed must be replaced by the individual or group (equipment will be of the same quality).
- At least one church adult member need to accompany children using recreational facilities in Comfort Family Living Center. The “member” is defined as who regularly attends Sunday worship for the past three months. The “Children” is defined as less than 16 years old.
- Guests may leave Comfort Family Living Center without the member, but if ALL members leave it is suggested that the guest would leave also.
- All users need to follow the scheduled sports activities in attachment. Any non- scheduled sports activity needs to be approved by Church Council.
- All sports activities should be in assigned areas. All hallways in Comfort
- Community Church are excluded for any sports activity.
- In case of special program, Church Council can temporary cease certain scheduled sports activity.
Dress and Behavior:
- The Comfort Family Living Center is used to the glory of God. Each person involved should “In all thy ways acknowledge Him”. Proverbs 3:6
- The Comfort Family Living Center is a ministry of Comfort Community Church in Port Lavaca. In the interest of influencing others for Christ, the speech, dress and conduct of all Comfort Family Living Center members, guests and visitors will be in accordance with the highest Christian standards.
- Shirts and shoes along with other appropriate apparel must be worn at all times. No short shorts, mid riff tops or revealing clothing of any kind will be allowed. Clothing with slogans not compatible with Christian standards will not be considered appropriate.
- There will be no profanity or coarse talk in the Comfort Family Living Center or on the Campus.
- Public display of affection will be considered inappropriate behavior.
- The following items will not be brought to or allowed at the Comfort Family Living Center: animals, tobacco products, alcohol, any controlled substances and other inappropriate items as determined by the church council.
- All dress must be reasonable and appropriate.
- The use of the Comfort Family Living Center and all equipment will be at the risk of the participants.
- The Comfort Community Church does not assume any liability or responsibility for any participants, visitors and anyone entering the building.
- The Comfort Community Church does not make any implied warranty of the premises, equipment, machinery, fixtures or furniture.
- The Comfort Community does not condone unsafe acts and any issue that comes from them is not the responsibility of the Family Living Center or the workers there.
- All statements in General Policies and Dress and Behavior sections are also applied to Comfort Community Church building.
- This policy will be reviewed and modified by Church Council if deem necessary.